Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Basically, we need another Mark Foley

Two interesting tidbits about Mr. Obama. The first is that Fox News - YOU DECIDE - keeps *accidentally* running "Obama" next to photos of Osama bin Laden and vice versa. Also, they're obsessed with using his middle name, Hussein. I like that the previous sentence has the same rhyme scheme as 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover. The second thing is why I don't want him to run. He's BECOMING a dream candidate, but he isn't there yet. 4 years of Senate experience doesn't make people immediately think president. He's a young guy; wait 4-8 years (depending), get a better resume, destroy the competition. As for Hill, I think that she'd be an incredible leader: emotionless, cutthroat, brilliant, and with the best side-kick available. All of these attributes lead me to believe that we'd have a great foreign policy president. Sadly, people hate Hillary Clinton. Americans hate strong women. We even hate teletubbies that are slightly sexually confused - just look at poor Tinky-Winky. Basically, we have serious gender issues. A female president will only emerge from the Republican side (an Elizabeth Dole, for instance) because plenty of Dems will vote to put a woman in power, but the only way most Republicans would vote female is if they had no other option. I've been praying for Mr. Gore, but that seems out of the question at this point. Then Vilsack dropped out of the field. I don't know. I like Bill Richardson, but who really knows at this point. The problem is always electability, and the best candidate - Clinton - seems likely to pull about 44-48%. Hopefully something will change that. Like a sex scandal.

No comments: