Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew

Last night I baked a traditional english steak pie as proof to my roommates that England's awful culinary rap is somewhat unfair. Even my Italian roommate (who won't even eat most brands of pasta) enjoyed it. In celebration, I tried to replicate the terrifying alcoholic milkshakes that Sarah used to brew with secret herbs. Though decadent and delicious, they were not full of witchcraft - maybe a good thing?

In other news, our politicians are becoming even more ridiculous. I have to go eat more potatoes now.

3 comments:

Maxwell Edison said...

Potatos are fare from the New World. Give us not your devilry!

On another note, wait a minute? English food is bad? I can take it from an I-talian, or a Frenchman, but from a country who's favourite dishes all seem to consist of minced miscellaneous offal? (Hamburger, hot dog, KFC...)

Charlie said...

You make fun of our food, but then you see a sausage wrapped in a chocolate chip pancake on a stick, and you want it. And don't tell me you're not thinking about how they could just inject it with syrup in the middle.

Peter said...

You guys have a bad rap all around Europe. I mean, so do we, but since Americans live in America, they think that our "steak, potato, cake" is better than your "steak, potato, cake." But as for me and my house, I be lovin me some English food. Toad in the hole? mmmm - and don't even get me started about bread pudding.