Sunday, April 1, 2007

Adam and Eve on the Galapagos islands.


Those of you following the creation vs. evolution debate in the US might find the following interesting:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice/programmes/heart_and_soul.shtml

(Apologies for my dismal ability to link properly, I know that Uncle Nathan is hanging his head in disappointment.)

Though I'd call myself a historical critic of the bible, and do not embrace a creationist standpoint, it is nice to hear a creationist asking intelligently phrased questions, for once. Whilst it is fun to ridicule the oemega sized brains of the Christian right, an intelligent discussion of a tendentious matter, really, for the religious, is a welcome addition to the debate. Also, it is interesting to note that in the original hebrew, the creation story is much more metaphorical than the literal rendering that creationists assume is an account of the actual creation of the world, and is treated as such by the rabbis. But then, the King James Bible came down from heaven on a cloud, G-d spoke English, and Jesus was aryan. Silly me.

6 comments:

Nathan said...

As Knowledge said to Everyman, I will go with thee and be thy guide.

Nathan said...

In matters of HTML, that is.

Maxwell Edison said...

And he's a him.

though if one more person tells me he's alanis morisette, I'm going to get ironic.

Nathan said...

And that really would be like rayhayain on your wedding day.

Maxwell Edison said...

Like a free ride when you've already paid?

Canadians!

Anonymous said...

And thus the post comes full circle.