Monday, February 19, 2007

The Reformation was stupid anyhow


One of the things I like about living inthe Old World is the opportunity to chance of seeing archaic language on the front page of my newspapers. Case in point: "schism".

I kind of hope this schism does happen, though mostly because I'm curious. After you've separated from the fundamentalists and Anglo-Catholics from the Church of England, what will be left?

6 comments:

Nathan said...

Two things I wanted to crowbar in there somehow.

1). "Fundamentalist" is a cute word, because it describes serious-minded people with conservative social views and a bleak assesment of humanity by combining "fun" and "mentalist".

2.) As a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats. The image seems appropriate, but I never quite figured out what the two represent.

Charlie said...

Yeah, don't worry about the effects of schism. Not with this. My Church is growing (watch me cackle).

Nathan said...

Did you mean to link to the "Catholicism set to become majority" story? Because if not, that strongly implies that you don't read the content of my links. FOR SHAME.

Nathan said...

schism schism schism

Anonymous said...

I am utterly distraught by the outcome of the Daar Es Salaam conference.

That is all.

A marginalised Anglican liberal.

Charlie said...

No, I meant to link to an article about how more Anglicans were becoming Catholic (but not related to link I posted). But since I did a search for Catholic, Anglican, that came up first and I didn't read past the first paragraph. For shame, but a different type of shame.